At thredUP, we’re revolutionizing the clothing industry. Our business model introduces unique problems to solve in order to deliver a delightful personalized experience for our customers — are you up for the challenge?
You will work on a broad set of domains, from building new services to support our ever growing marketplace to continuing the decomposition of our Rails monolith into microservices to tackling API design and management for feature development. You will help scale our core systems that serve millions of our customers.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be passionate about designing, building, and maintaining scalable and robust services.
- Configure, build, and maintain the services that power our marketplace.
- Contribute to the API design for our product features.
- Implement experiments and collaborate with stakeholders to cycle iteratively with validated learnings.
- Collaborate with your peers and other teams to teach, learn and execute efficiently.
- Contribute to improving our processes and engineering culture.
What We Care About
- Ownership, trust, responsibility and proactiveness.
- A data-driven approach towards continuous improvement in the user experience.
- Building scalable systems using best engineering practices, while understanding the tradeoff between time and perfection.
- Autonomy. The ability to make, own, and carry out decisions.
- Influencing outcomes. Thinking big. Speaking UP. Infinite learning. Transparency.
- 3+ years of production-level engineering experience.
- Production experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Node.js.
- Production experience with Search backends (Elasticsearch, SOLR, Lucene, etc.)
- Experience in distributed systems design and best practices.
- Experience with API design & management at scale.Believer in automated testing.
- (Bonus) Kubernetes experience.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to make a massive impact for our business and customer alongside a team of passionate engineers.
- The opportunity to influence outcomes for an emerging company.
- Working within a modern tech stack with a high level of autonomy and trust.
- Competitive salary, equity and full benefits (health/dental/vision insurance & 401k).
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays (what we call Maker Days).